Sunday, January 6, 2008

The Case of the Disappearing Pacifier

Leila is not a huge pacifier user, but she is quite accustomed to using one to go to sleep. We have over the past few months wondered what had been happening to some of them. She definitely had one when she went to bed, so where is it now when she wakes up? They often fall between the slats of the crib and onto the floor under the crib, which is always a treat to scavenge them out. However, from time to time, they would just disappear. We would search her room inside out (who wants to keep buying those things anyway?) to no avail. Well, finally the mystery is solved as Samy happened upon the mother-lode. Apparently Leila has been keeping her "stash" in the lamp shade next to her crib. It is just within arms reach and has an open frosted glass shade. She has been dumping them in there like her own little storage jar. I am sure now that she knows we are on to her she will find another trick...

All else is great with the Ghezali family. I (Nicole...well you know it is me since Samy doesn't write in the blog!) just got a promotion at work. I will be working in the Gap Inc. Outlet division. I am quite excited to start the new job in 1 week! I am also starting to work on more handmade baby goods (knit hats, burpcloths/blankets) and pillows as a friend is opening an SF boutique in February and will carry my line. Hard to find time to craft with the little one...she just loves getting into my knitting balls. I will try to post some pics on the site at some point in case there are any out of town orders!

Samy's mom is also coming for a visit towards the end of January so Leila will be getting lots of extra lovin' from Grandma. One of my new year's resolutions is to keep writing in the blog more regularly. Not really sure how much readership is out there, but it will be a good keepsake for Leila!

4 comments:

Mama Cools said...

Yay!!! You know the Cooleys are excited to hear about THIS new years resolution. We will be looking forward to many more Leila updates. Love the paci story here and the diva pics from last post!
Also, congrats on the raise. Very exciting indeedy. AND...were you speaking directly to me when you hinted at out-of-towners being interested in the Sassy-Lou line? You know I want to see it girl. Also, might have other prospective buyers for you (my inlaws and their friends-Ann Cooley LOVED the burp clothe, blanket, and hat you sent to Ryan). Samy, get goin' on the bloggin...you gotta help Nicole out!!

Nicole Ghezali said...

I hope you guys will keep me honest to my resolution! I sent you an email to your yahoo account...not sure if you check that. But I hope to get my portfolio updated soon and will be posting some pics. With all of your friend's baby blogs and all the blossoming babies around, keep me in mind!

Grandma P/Mom said...

I'm still reading and check everytime I read my kids blogs, so Nicole, don't stop. I don't always write, but love the updates. I also congratulate you on your promotion and want you to know how proud I am of you.

Love, Aunt Paula

Jamila said...

I spent 10 lovely days with Samy, Nicole and Leila who is full of happiness; she really is a very sociable little girl that attracts everybody around her. As they say in French she is a real ‘PETIT AMOUR’. Apart from her energy, I enjoyed her taste to select clothing before getting dressed! You can tell she is a real little star. She also has the rhythm of music in her blood and amazingly knows how to keep pace!
Love from Grand’Ma Jamila