Monday, May 14, 2007

Life's a Beach



We celebrated a lovely Mother's Day and birthday this Sunday. My very first "official" Mother's Day (I did still celebrate when she was in my belly last year-not such a stretch?) and it was my 35th birthday too. It felt very special being able to celebrate both on the same day. We went to Pt. Reyes and took Leila to the beach for the very first time. Leila is checking the sunscreen ingredients in the top picture to make sure it is ok for her skin. The girl is already tanner than I am at 11 months...sad. She has her daddy's skin that is for sure. She didn't leave the blanket (I hate sand so I didn't particularly want Leila to be all up in it either...I guess that is the point of going to the beach, but I didn't think about that until afterwards...). Samy did carry her over to the ocean though and dipped her feet in-not sure if she liked it. Might have something to do with the fact that the water was 50 degrees at best. When he brought her back her feet were icicles. Then again, Samy swims in that water sans wet suit...I hope Leila doesn't take after her father in that regard...she can always stay on the blanket with me...

2 comments:

Mama Cools said...

Hey there guys! I'm so glad to be a part of this blog!! My dad forwarded it to me and now you can be sure Dan and I will be on top of all the new Leila info via Google Reader.
What a wonderfully special weekend, Nicole. I was thinking of you with your b-day and mom's day the same day. This weekend will always be a big one for the both of us from now on. How fun!! Love to all and here's hoping that our new little one is as precious as Little Leila (LL cool J...ha! new nickname Samy?)

Unknown said...

Nice work Nicole. Love your tech-savyness. Keep the updates coming. We love to see pictures of Leila. What a personality - you can even see it through pictures. But what else would you expect from you and Samy?